Too Cute for School
There’s no denying it, when it comes to good deals and cute stuff, there really is always something at Zulily worth buying. I don’t know how many times I have to hold myself back from hitting the “add to cart” button. If I didn’t have self control I definitely would have a credit card debt filled of Zulily finds I just couldn’t say no to. If you haven’t checked out Zulily yet, you must go there now! Or just finish reading my review instead.
I absolutely love finding cute clothes and shoes for my two little ones: 1 & 2 years old. You can find some really cute boutique clothing as well as organic cotton lines and many name brands. I have a pair of some super cute sailor dresses that my sister picked up from Zulily for the girls in addition to these super cute patriotic dresses I got them for the 4th of July. In addition to finding some great items for them, I also shop for myself an found items I love and a few I didn’t like at all. But while shopping at Zulily is fun and exciting because the events always change and the inventory is always different, it has it’s pros and cons that I think shoppers like me should be mindful of.
- Event time+transit time+ship time to you= long time! Sales events on Zulily typically run 3-5 days. What you see online isn’t stocked in their warehouse. Most of the items you buy have to be ordered by Zulily after the event closes. Then those items have to ship to Zulily before they get shipped to you. This can equal into a wait time that can literally be 1 whole month! I know, it’s a long time to wait for cuteness and I really hope they find ways to make this wait time faster. For now, I try to order things ahead or early in a season so that I can wear it when it is appropriate to do so. While all this wait time sucks and may turn you off to shopping Zulily, they do have some items that are in stock and are ready to ship to you asap!
- Fabric colors may not be laundry load friendly. What I mean is that not all items of clothing sold on Zulily are color locked and safe to wash with your other clothes. I can’t remember how long ago it was when I last bought an article of clothing that was lacking in this one essential modern technology.
- Return policy sucks. All items are final sale and this is something to really consider before you buy. There has been a few things that had I been able to see in person, I probably wouldn’t have bought. I would have loved the option to return those items but since they were so few, it doesn’t really matter.
- You can’t try before you buy. This is a big one for me when it comes to jeans so I never buy those online but for everything else, I try to use the size chart before I decided what to buy. I also really look at the pictures and read as much description as I can to get an idea of what the fabric is like. Is it sheer? Is it thick? does it look like it will fit me well? Not being able to try something on is one of the biggest obstacles for me when and still is when it comes to buying clothes online. So this is kind of a double whammy in that not only can you not try it on, but you also can’t return it if you don’t like it.
- The best thing about Zulily is that there is always something new. The inventory is always changing so there is always something to buy, want, need, or absolutely have to have. Of course you can plan on regular events to occur every so often from some of my favorite brands such as Burt’s Bees, Muk Luks, Aerosoles, and Plum Organics just to name a few.
- Friend referral program. Don’t underestimate the power of social media with this one, especially if you know people that like to shop online like me! While Zulily didn’t pay me to write this review of their site, both you and I can earn $15 just by you following this link, signing up, and then making a purchase.
- Priced just right. I spend enough time online comparing prices to know that when I shop Zulily, I am either going to get what I want at the same price at other online stores or at a cheaper price. Don’t believe me? Just try comparing prices yourself. I bought 2 pairs of Muk Luk boots for approx. $50 less than what they are being sold for on Amazon. See below.
Patience pays off in the end
While Zulily has a horrible transit time that I hate, I still shop the site because the bargains are usually great and I love the inventory. I love that there is always something new to explore and buy. I hate to sound like a Zulily advocate but I always get compliments from people when I wear the clothes I buy from the site. Plus I know I’m getting a good deal if not the best deal possible. The referral program is an added bonus and if you add that with Ebates cash back, now we’re really saving some dough.
NOTE: I was not compensated by Zulily or any other website or brand mentioned above for writing this review. The opinion above is totally my own. While I didn’t get paid to write this, you can help support this site by signing up for Zulily or Ebates by using any of the links above that link to these two sites. Now lets earn some cash for shopping online!